Update on Turkey’s custom duties for 2016
Meanwhile, customs duties for homo-PP, LLDPE and LDPE imports from Malaysia have been reduced to 3.3% as of the beginning of this year under the free trade agreement (FTA) signed between Turkey and Malaysia, which took effect as of August 1, 2015.
In addition, in line with a regulation published in the Official Journal of the European Union dated 27.09.2014 numbered 1015/2014, the World Bank had categorized Turkmenistan among high and middle income countries depending on the country’s economic data in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Because of the fact that Turkmenistan has been removed from the Generalized Scheme of Preferences (GSP) list, Turkey increased the customs duties on Turkmen origins to 6.5% from 3% as of January 1, 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds