Uzbek HDPE ranks 3rd in Turkey’s May imports
Looking at imports for the origin recorded during the first five months of the year, Turkey imported 27,284 tons of Uzbek HDPE so far in 2016. In the January-May period, meanwhile, Uzbek HDPE was ranked as the fourth largest HDPE supplier of Turkey.
Market players comment that Uzbek PE is subject to 3% duty in Turkey and therefore, it is attracting buying interest in Turkey due to the duty advantage over other origins like the Middle East, Iran and the US which are subject to 6.5% duty in Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand