Uzbek producer resumes PP, PE production
“The producer will have some stocks to offer probably by the end of October. Fresh offers from the plant are likely to be revealed to the export markets by early November, at the latest. We will not have much material in our bonded-warehouse for the coming term,” the agent confirmed to ChemOrbis. Not much material influx is expected from the plant to Turkey for the weeks to come as the producer aims to sell its materials to other export markets where higher netbacks are obtainable.
Import Uzbek HDPE prices in Turkey firmed up during the last two weeks amidst reduced supplies stemming from the shutdown. Very limited offers were reported this week with HDPE film prices currently standing at $1130-1140/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash. “We did not hear any Uzbek PP offers this week,” a trader noted, meanwhile.
A trader opined, “The record high USD/TL parity keeps demand limited nowadays. We don’t expect major gains in the PE market despite the crude rally and limited supplies at warehouses.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019