Uzbek producer resumes PP, PE production
“The producer will have some stocks to offer probably by the end of October. Fresh offers from the plant are likely to be revealed to the export markets by early November, at the latest. We will not have much material in our bonded-warehouse for the coming term,” the agent confirmed to ChemOrbis. Not much material influx is expected from the plant to Turkey for the weeks to come as the producer aims to sell its materials to other export markets where higher netbacks are obtainable.
Import Uzbek HDPE prices in Turkey firmed up during the last two weeks amidst reduced supplies stemming from the shutdown. Very limited offers were reported this week with HDPE film prices currently standing at $1130-1140/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash. “We did not hear any Uzbek PP offers this week,” a trader noted, meanwhile.
A trader opined, “The record high USD/TL parity keeps demand limited nowadays. We don’t expect major gains in the PE market despite the crude rally and limited supplies at warehouses.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month