Uzbek producer resumes PP, PE production
“The producer will have some stocks to offer probably by the end of October. Fresh offers from the plant are likely to be revealed to the export markets by early November, at the latest. We will not have much material in our bonded-warehouse for the coming term,” the agent confirmed to ChemOrbis. Not much material influx is expected from the plant to Turkey for the weeks to come as the producer aims to sell its materials to other export markets where higher netbacks are obtainable.
Import Uzbek HDPE prices in Turkey firmed up during the last two weeks amidst reduced supplies stemming from the shutdown. Very limited offers were reported this week with HDPE film prices currently standing at $1130-1140/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash. “We did not hear any Uzbek PP offers this week,” a trader noted, meanwhile.
A trader opined, “The record high USD/TL parity keeps demand limited nowadays. We don’t expect major gains in the PE market despite the crude rally and limited supplies at warehouses.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?