Versalis declares FM on butene grade LLDPE at Dunkirk site
The date of the restart was not disclosed at the time of publication. The force majeure is expected to last for at least 45 days.
Another force majeure decleration remains in place on LLDPE c6 supply from the same site.
The line has a production capacity of 160,000 tons/year. Along with a cracker, Dunkirk site houses a 170,000 tons/year LDPE unit as well as 440,000 tons/year LDPE and EVA unit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months