Versalis declares FM on butene grade LLDPE at Dunkirk site
The date of the restart was not disclosed at the time of publication. The force majeure is expected to last for at least 45 days.
Another force majeure decleration remains in place on LLDPE c6 supply from the same site.
The line has a production capacity of 160,000 tons/year. Along with a cracker, Dunkirk site houses a 170,000 tons/year LDPE unit as well as 440,000 tons/year LDPE and EVA unit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect