Versalis declares force majeure on LLDPE c6 from Dunkirk
The date for the restart of the plant has not been revealed at the time of publication. According to the sources, the plant may not be restarted before December.
Market sources also reported that Versalis completed a maintenance shutdown at its LDPE plant at Dunkirk. The company owns two LDPE lines at the site with respective capacities of 170,000 tons/year and 440,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets