Versalis posts net loss in Q3 2014
The company, which is wholly owned and controlled by energy major Eni, cited lower oil-based feedstock costs against the backdrop of continued weakness in commodity demand and increasing competition from Asian producers as the main factors behind the company’s weak financial results.
The company’s sales of intermediates posted a 17% decrease on a quarterly basis while polymers sales were also down 6% in the third quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion