Versalis reports financial results for Q3
Versalis’ operating profit increased by 51% on a yearly basis to €113 million in the third quarter of the year. The company’s profit also rose by 42% during first nine months of 2017.
The increase in profit was mainly driven by the company’s reconstructing plan, which focused on improving the plants and rearranging its product variety to higher-value segments.
The company’s earnings registered a record performance of €423 million during the first nine months of the year, up from €298 million in the same period of last year. The company also expects to see a record result for the full year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September