Versalis reports financial results for Q3
Versalis’ operating profit increased by 51% on a yearly basis to €113 million in the third quarter of the year. The company’s profit also rose by 42% during first nine months of 2017.
The increase in profit was mainly driven by the company’s reconstructing plan, which focused on improving the plants and rearranging its product variety to higher-value segments.
The company’s earnings registered a record performance of €423 million during the first nine months of the year, up from €298 million in the same period of last year. The company also expects to see a record result for the full year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period