Versalis reports financial results for Q3
Versalis’ operating profit increased by 51% on a yearly basis to €113 million in the third quarter of the year. The company’s profit also rose by 42% during first nine months of 2017.
The increase in profit was mainly driven by the company’s reconstructing plan, which focused on improving the plants and rearranging its product variety to higher-value segments.
The company’s earnings registered a record performance of €423 million during the first nine months of the year, up from €298 million in the same period of last year. The company also expects to see a record result for the full year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low