Vestolit completes expansion of PVC paste plant in Marl
The expansion, announced two years ago, enabled an increase in PVC paste (emulsion) production capacity by 40,000 tons/year in line with the start-up of a new unit. This new plant came on top of the already existing two plants with a production capacity of 77,000 tons/year and 45,000 tons/year, respectively.
Along with the recent completion of this capacity expansion, Vestolit has had the largest single site for emulsion PVC in Europe.
Vestolit is also one of the major suspension PVC producers of high impact resistance (HIS-PVC) for profiles, and for floors and coatings applications.
Since 2014 in Mexichem group, Vestolit, owns a PVC integrated complex in Marl with a production capacity of 400,000 tons/year of polymer and almost 1million tons/year of monomer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high