Vietnam devaluates dong for second time in seven months
Through its recent movement, the bank aims to make Vietnam’s exports more competitive. Analysts stated that further devaluation may be performed in 2015 and that the dong may end 2015 about 3% weaker against the dollar.
In 2014 Vietnam’s economy grew approximately 5.98%, beating the government’s economic growth target of 5.8% owing to higher exports and stronger investment.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect