Vietnam devaluates dong for second time in seven months
Through its recent movement, the bank aims to make Vietnam’s exports more competitive. Analysts stated that further devaluation may be performed in 2015 and that the dong may end 2015 about 3% weaker against the dollar.
In 2014 Vietnam’s economy grew approximately 5.98%, beating the government’s economic growth target of 5.8% owing to higher exports and stronger investment.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months