Vietnam grows despite slowdown in Asia
The data also showed that the country’s retail sales, exports and imports rose by 10.2%, 8.6% and 4.6% respectively in 2016. Foreign investment also hit a record in 2016 with an increase of 9% to reach $15.8 billion.
Vietnam is increasing its market share in exports and challenging China. Economists predict that the country will continue to grow in 2017 as well in line with the ongoing and increasing investments of foreign companies, which seek to benefit from competitive labor and low costs in the country, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets