Vietnam grows despite slowdown in Asia
The data also showed that the country’s retail sales, exports and imports rose by 10.2%, 8.6% and 4.6% respectively in 2016. Foreign investment also hit a record in 2016 with an increase of 9% to reach $15.8 billion.
Vietnam is increasing its market share in exports and challenging China. Economists predict that the country will continue to grow in 2017 as well in line with the ongoing and increasing investments of foreign companies, which seek to benefit from competitive labor and low costs in the country, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil