Vietnam grows despite slowdown in Asia
The data also showed that the country’s retail sales, exports and imports rose by 10.2%, 8.6% and 4.6% respectively in 2016. Foreign investment also hit a record in 2016 with an increase of 9% to reach $15.8 billion.
Vietnam is increasing its market share in exports and challenging China. Economists predict that the country will continue to grow in 2017 as well in line with the ongoing and increasing investments of foreign companies, which seek to benefit from competitive labor and low costs in the country, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?