Vietnam grows despite slowdown in Asia
The data also showed that the country’s retail sales, exports and imports rose by 10.2%, 8.6% and 4.6% respectively in 2016. Foreign investment also hit a record in 2016 with an increase of 9% to reach $15.8 billion.
Vietnam is increasing its market share in exports and challenging China. Economists predict that the country will continue to grow in 2017 as well in line with the ongoing and increasing investments of foreign companies, which seek to benefit from competitive labor and low costs in the country, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets