Vietnam grows despite slowdown in Asia
The data also showed that the country’s retail sales, exports and imports rose by 10.2%, 8.6% and 4.6% respectively in 2016. Foreign investment also hit a record in 2016 with an increase of 9% to reach $15.8 billion.
Vietnam is increasing its market share in exports and challenging China. Economists predict that the country will continue to grow in 2017 as well in line with the ongoing and increasing investments of foreign companies, which seek to benefit from competitive labor and low costs in the country, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season