Vietnam lowers customs duties on PS, ABS imports from ASEAN
According to the official statement from the Finance Ministry, Vietnam will eliminate all customs duties on ABS and PS imports from ASEAN countries including Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. Imports of PS and ABS cargoes from ASEAN countries will enjoy 0% customs duty starting from January 1, 2015.
Within the scope of the new regulation, customs duties on PVC from ASEAN countries will remain at 5% during 2015, 2016 and 2017. Duties on PVC imports from other ASEAN states will be eliminated in 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns