Vietnam’s 2015 GDP growth hits eight-year high
The stronger than expected acceleration in the economy was attributed to a 9.6% gain in the industrial and construction sectors. According to data from the government’s General Statistics Office (GSO), foreign investment in the industrial and construction sectors reached $14.5 billion as of December 15, helping to push output higher.
Meanwhile, weaker energy costs and low inflation also contributed to growth in the economy. Vietnam’s inflation climbed 0.6% this year, posting the lowest level seen in fifteen years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?