Vietnam’s 2015 GDP growth hits eight-year high
The stronger than expected acceleration in the economy was attributed to a 9.6% gain in the industrial and construction sectors. According to data from the government’s General Statistics Office (GSO), foreign investment in the industrial and construction sectors reached $14.5 billion as of December 15, helping to push output higher.
Meanwhile, weaker energy costs and low inflation also contributed to growth in the economy. Vietnam’s inflation climbed 0.6% this year, posting the lowest level seen in fifteen years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops