Vietnam’s 2015 GDP growth hits eight-year high
The stronger than expected acceleration in the economy was attributed to a 9.6% gain in the industrial and construction sectors. According to data from the government’s General Statistics Office (GSO), foreign investment in the industrial and construction sectors reached $14.5 billion as of December 15, helping to push output higher.
Meanwhile, weaker energy costs and low inflation also contributed to growth in the economy. Vietnam’s inflation climbed 0.6% this year, posting the lowest level seen in fifteen years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November