Vietnam’s PP market yet to respond to firming trend in China
However, homo-PP prices in Vietnam are unresponsive to the firming in the nearby Chinese market for now mainly due to the ongoing stagnancy of demand. As can be seen in the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, the weekly average of Vietnam’s local homo-PP market has been following a mostly stable trend for more than a month.
The sentiment in Vietnam’s import homo-PP market has also remained weak within this period. Parity fluctuations amid the mounting trade tension between China and the US are keeping buyers on the sidelines. Meanwhile, supply concerns over new capacities across Southeast Asia are also weighing on the market. Commercial outputs from new plants of Vietnam’s Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemicals, Malaysia’s Lotte Chemical Titan and South Korea’s S-Oil have already found their way to the Asian PP markets at mostly competitive levels.
A few converters opined, “PP prices in Vietnam are mostly steady this week despite the firming trend in China’s PP market. We don’t expect to see an upward movement in prices as buyers keep their purchases limited to their urgent needs.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance
- Asian ethylene slumps on supply glut