Vietnam’s PP market yet to respond to firming trend in China
However, homo-PP prices in Vietnam are unresponsive to the firming in the nearby Chinese market for now mainly due to the ongoing stagnancy of demand. As can be seen in the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, the weekly average of Vietnam’s local homo-PP market has been following a mostly stable trend for more than a month.
The sentiment in Vietnam’s import homo-PP market has also remained weak within this period. Parity fluctuations amid the mounting trade tension between China and the US are keeping buyers on the sidelines. Meanwhile, supply concerns over new capacities across Southeast Asia are also weighing on the market. Commercial outputs from new plants of Vietnam’s Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemicals, Malaysia’s Lotte Chemical Titan and South Korea’s S-Oil have already found their way to the Asian PP markets at mostly competitive levels.
A few converters opined, “PP prices in Vietnam are mostly steady this week despite the firming trend in China’s PP market. We don’t expect to see an upward movement in prices as buyers keep their purchases limited to their urgent needs.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays
- Turkish PP, PE markets enter Eid holidays on weak note
- Asia’s September PVC outlook takes shape amid dwindling supplies
- China’s import PP market yields to mounting trade war, weak demand
- PP, PE markets remain soft for another month in Egypt, Mid-East ahead of Eid
- PE sentiment shifts on higher ethylene in Europe