Vietnam’s economy expands in Q4
The acceleration in the country’s economic growth was attributed to higher exports, mostly from foreign based companies. The data showed that exports increased 13.6% this year while the country’s retail sales grew 10.6% when compared to 2013. The country’s manufacturing sector expanded by 8.45% while services grew 10% this year. Inflation also contributed to the country’s improving economic outlook by declining to 1.84% year over year in December, posting the slowest rate of inflation since 2006.
Meanwhile, Fitch Ratings and Moody’s increased Vietnam’s credit rating this year and cited improved economic stability as the main reason behind their decision. Moody’s also revised its outlook on Vietnam’s banking system from negative to stable.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019