Vietnam’s local PVC market dips to more than 3-month low
Weakness in economic conditions, limited demand and the downturn across global PVC markets were cited as factors that pulled the Vietnamese market further down. Plus, a major Taiwanese producer’s decision to cut its November PVC offers visibly to the Asian markets was followed by several other regional producers, reinforcing the bearish sentiment.
A Vietnamese converter reported that November PVC offers they received from a local producer decreased by VND400,000/ton ($18/ton) when compared to last month. “Although demand for our end-products slightly improved through the year-end, we still keep our purchases limited to our urgent needs,” he added.
A compounder said, “Demand towards our end products has somewhat slowed when compared to last year. However, this is a general case for the market due to Vietnam’s weak economic performance. We are not planning to make any purchases from the local market despite attractive prices as we have previously covered some stocks from the import market.”
Another converter commented, “We are only purchasing based on our needs as we think prices have still room for further decreases.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US HDPE imports near record-high in China, plunge in Turkey on negative netbacks
- Will European PE continue to shrug off next ethylene outcome in Dec?
- Iran readies for new PE start-ups in 2018, gears up for more petchem investments
- Downtrend in European PET market halts on higher imports
- Are US PVC prices nearing the bottom?
- PP markets face less pressure than PE in Turkey, Europe and Africa
- PVC downturn persists for Dec as demand fails to improve in India
- Ongoing ABS hikes in China cautiously reflected on global markets
- Soaring energy markets fail to prop up olefin, polyolefin prices in Europe
- Surging energy prices find reflection on Asia’s PS and PET markets