Vietnam’s local PVC market dips to more than 3-month low
Weakness in economic conditions, limited demand and the downturn across global PVC markets were cited as factors that pulled the Vietnamese market further down. Plus, a major Taiwanese producer’s decision to cut its November PVC offers visibly to the Asian markets was followed by several other regional producers, reinforcing the bearish sentiment.
A Vietnamese converter reported that November PVC offers they received from a local producer decreased by VND400,000/ton ($18/ton) when compared to last month. “Although demand for our end-products slightly improved through the year-end, we still keep our purchases limited to our urgent needs,” he added.
A compounder said, “Demand towards our end products has somewhat slowed when compared to last year. However, this is a general case for the market due to Vietnam’s weak economic performance. We are not planning to make any purchases from the local market despite attractive prices as we have previously covered some stocks from the import market.”
Another converter commented, “We are only purchasing based on our needs as we think prices have still room for further decreases.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic