Vietnam tightens checks on oil product imports from ASEAN
Sources report that the customs department has tightened its checks to see if products imported from other ASEAN countries over the past year were produced in the region and declared properly. The number of imports from ASEAN has risen significantly since the agreement.
According to a circular by Vietnam’s Finance Ministry, if there are doubts about the validity of the certificates of origin of some cargoes, the importers in question will have to report to the customs department to prove that they qualify for import tax reductions. Sources do not expect to see a decrease in import volumes, though the checks might slow down trading activities.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount