Vietnamese PE converters complain of surging raw material costs
A plastic bag manufacturer reported receiving offers for Saudi Arabian HDPE and LLDPE film at VND33,000,000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1366/ton without VAT). “We had last sourced some material shortly after the Chinese New Year holiday at VND28,000,000/ton ($1140/ton without VAT) and now we will need to purchase at much higher prices as we need to replenish. We are seeing good demand for our end products but we are now considering making some adjustments on our end product prices in consideration of higher raw material costs,” the buyer stated.
A converter in the packaging sector reported receiving offers for locally-held Saudi Arabian cargoes at VND32,000,000/ton ($1325/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND31,500,000/ton ($1304/ton without VAT) for HDPE film. “Demand for our end products is normal, but not quite as good as last year. We are struggling to cope with higher raw material costs but have not been able to raise our end product prices due to complaints from our customers,” the buyer stated. Another converter in the packaging sector complained, “We have had to raise our end product prices to cover the sharp rise in our raw material costs and many of our customers are showing resistance to higher prices.”
Locally-held import PE cargoes currently stand at VND31,000,000-31,500,000/ton ($1284-1304/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, at VND31,000,000-33,000,000/ton ($1284-1366/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND30,000,000-33,000,000/ton ($1242-1366/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, all on an FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe