Vietnamese buyer receives lower ABS offer from local market
According to the buyer, their supplier cut its offer by VND1,000,000/ton ($44/ton) from last week due to the ongoing pressure from the upstream markets. “We are not interested in fresh purchases for the moment as we are covered until May,” he stated.
Meanwhile, a trader offering locally-held South Korean ABS at VND51,000,000-52,000,000/ton (2079-2120/ton without VAT) FD Vietnam, cash inc VAT. He opined, “Demand is quite weak in the local market. We refrain from securing any extra material at the moment as we feel that we may have to sell at a loss later on.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic