Vietnamese converter buys local PVC with a discount
He stated, “Demand for our end product is not strong while energy prices are still weak. Hence, we are not making purchases beyond our immediate needs.” The buyer added that they also made a small purchase for Japanese PVC at $820/ton CIF Vietnam, cash.
Import PVC prices currently stand at $780-830/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis while local prices in Vietnam are quoted at VND18,300,000-18,800,000/ton FD, cash equivalent ($869-892/ton).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe