Vietnamese converter receives lower Saudi PP offer
The buyer commented, “We heard that many Chinese buyers are not willing to make purchases from the import market at the moment as more attractive prices are obtainable in their local market. Meanwhile, our end product business is not going well nowadays. Hence, we are not sure whether to purchase this material. Plus, we feel that prices still have room to decrease in the days ahead.”
In Vietnam, import homo-PP prices for Middle Eastern origins currently stand at $1200-1260/ton for raffia and at $1200-1250/ton for injection, all on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East