Vietnamese converters: Local PET moves higher on tightness
A bottle manufacturer received higher PET offers at VND27,800,000-28,000,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash including VAT ($1122-1130/ton without VAT). “Domestic PET prices firmed up since limited supplies put pressure on the market. Demand towards our end products remains good,” commented the buyer.
A second Vietnamese converter said, “Local prices moved higher by around VND500,000/ton ($22/ton) from last week, particularly for PET. Sellers justified their firmer stance by pointing to reduced supplies in the local market. We continue to see good demand from our customers as the high season has begun. However, we might consider limiting our PET purchases as the current offer levels are quite high.”
In Vietnam, the overall range for local PET prices is currently reported at VND27,800,000-28,500,000/ton FD, cash ($1122-1150/ton without VAT).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s import PP, PE markets stable after weeks of declines; is the downturn over?
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally