Vietnamese converters: Local PET moves higher on tightness
A bottle manufacturer received higher PET offers at VND27,800,000-28,000,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash including VAT ($1122-1130/ton without VAT). “Domestic PET prices firmed up since limited supplies put pressure on the market. Demand towards our end products remains good,” commented the buyer.
A second Vietnamese converter said, “Local prices moved higher by around VND500,000/ton ($22/ton) from last week, particularly for PET. Sellers justified their firmer stance by pointing to reduced supplies in the local market. We continue to see good demand from our customers as the high season has begun. However, we might consider limiting our PET purchases as the current offer levels are quite high.”
In Vietnam, the overall range for local PET prices is currently reported at VND27,800,000-28,500,000/ton FD, cash ($1122-1150/ton without VAT).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will Europe’s PE market manage to defy pressure in December?
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers