Vietnamese converters: Local PET moves higher on tightness
A bottle manufacturer received higher PET offers at VND27,800,000-28,000,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash including VAT ($1122-1130/ton without VAT). “Domestic PET prices firmed up since limited supplies put pressure on the market. Demand towards our end products remains good,” commented the buyer.
A second Vietnamese converter said, “Local prices moved higher by around VND500,000/ton ($22/ton) from last week, particularly for PET. Sellers justified their firmer stance by pointing to reduced supplies in the local market. We continue to see good demand from our customers as the high season has begun. However, we might consider limiting our PET purchases as the current offer levels are quite high.”
In Vietnam, the overall range for local PET prices is currently reported at VND27,800,000-28,500,000/ton FD, cash ($1122-1150/ton without VAT).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market