Vietnamese converters: Local PET moves higher on tightness
A bottle manufacturer received higher PET offers at VND27,800,000-28,000,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash including VAT ($1122-1130/ton without VAT). “Domestic PET prices firmed up since limited supplies put pressure on the market. Demand towards our end products remains good,” commented the buyer.
A second Vietnamese converter said, “Local prices moved higher by around VND500,000/ton ($22/ton) from last week, particularly for PET. Sellers justified their firmer stance by pointing to reduced supplies in the local market. We continue to see good demand from our customers as the high season has begun. However, we might consider limiting our PET purchases as the current offer levels are quite high.”
In Vietnam, the overall range for local PET prices is currently reported at VND27,800,000-28,500,000/ton FD, cash ($1122-1150/ton without VAT).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia