Vietnamese players: Indian producer cuts homo-PP prices
A distributor stated that they are not planning to purchase material from the producer as they are receiving their previously placed orders nowadays. “We prefer to deplete our existing inventory instead of building up stocks,” he added. A second distributor said, “We remain cautious as prices are still on a softer path and they are not likely to stabilize in the near term.”
A manufacturer of household products, meanwhile, reported that they also received a $20/ton decrease from the producer. The buyer commented, “We are planning to wait for a while longer before deciding on our next move as prices continue to move lower.”
In Vietnam, import homo-PP injection and raffia prices are currently reported in the range of $1450-1510/ton CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs