Vietnamese producer lifts local PVC offers for Aug
The Vietnamese producer lifted its local PVC K67 offers by VND700,000-1,300,000/ton ($30-56/ton) from July to VND20,500,000/ton ($888/ton) on ex-warehouse, cash basis.
“Buyers are reluctant to accept the prevailing price levels as they are deemed too high. Demand in the domestic market is weak due to the rainy season and fears over a second-wave of COVID-19 infections. Therefore, we think the uptrend is unlikely to continue in the near term.”
For July, the producer had also increased its offers by VND2,200,000-2,400,000/ton ($95-103/ton).
Following the successive monthly hikes, the weekly average of PVC K67 prices on FD Vietnam basis has hit its highest level since mid-March, data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard suggest.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?