Vietnamese producer reduces GPPS prices to SEA
The source stated, “Market sentiment remains weak in the face of the recent significant decreases in upstream markets. In spite of our reduction, buyers maintain their cautious stance and they do not purchase beyond their needs. We feel that spot styrene prices still have some room to decline.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices have slumped around $105/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $1240-1245/ton FOB Korea. Upstream, spot naphtha prices also lost $50/ton on the week to reach $650-655/ton CFR Japan.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets