Vietnamese producer reduces GPPS prices to SEA
The source stated, “Market sentiment remains weak in the face of the recent significant decreases in upstream markets. In spite of our reduction, buyers maintain their cautious stance and they do not purchase beyond their needs. We feel that spot styrene prices still have some room to decline.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices have slumped around $105/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $1240-1245/ton FOB Korea. Upstream, spot naphtha prices also lost $50/ton on the week to reach $650-655/ton CFR Japan.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness