Vietnamese trader: Saudi producer cuts HDPE prices
He commented, “We think that no one is willing to make a large scale purchase nowadays as the market still has room to move lower. We are also planning to postpone our purchases for a while longer.”
In Vietnam, import HDPE film prices are currently being quoted at $1300-1400/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis while LLDPE film prices are reported in the range of $1360-1400/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets