Vietnamese trader lifts locally-held PP prices
“Demand is not strong, but we need to raise our prices in order to cover our replenishment costs. We feel that the current firming trend will not be sustainable in the near term and that prices may change direction in June,” he commented. The trader is currently offering Saudi Arabian PP raffia and injection at VND33,800,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash including VAT ($1426/ton without VAT).
A second trader stated, “PP demand is not great in the local market. However, prices are gaining ground in line with the firming global trends. Traders have to lift their offers as they need to meet their costs. We are adopting a cautious stance as we think that prices may witness some relief soon.”
In Vietnam, locally-held PP prices currently stand at VND33,800,000-34,000,000/ton on an FD Vietnam, cash including VAT basis ($1426-1434/ton without VAT).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem