West African player reports new January PP, PE prices
The distributor also highlighted that overall buying interest has weakened due to the Christmas and New Year holidays and added that players are unlikely to return to the market before the middle of next week. The distributor received Korean PPBC injection at $1300/ton, HDPE film at $1340/ton, LLDPE film at $1340/ton and LDPE film at $1360/ton on CIF Lagos, Nigeria, subject to 5% customs duty, cash basis. According to the distributor, PPBC and LDPE film prices indicate decreases of $230/ton and $210/ton, respectively, when compared to December. Meanwhile, the distributor also received Indian PP raffia and injection offers at $1100/ton with the same terms.
Meanwhile, another trader commented that the market is likely to be suspended until next week due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. “We are not expecting any trading activities at the moment. Players mostly highlight that the new announcements will not be revealed before the second week of January.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons