West African player reports new January PP, PE prices
The distributor also highlighted that overall buying interest has weakened due to the Christmas and New Year holidays and added that players are unlikely to return to the market before the middle of next week. The distributor received Korean PPBC injection at $1300/ton, HDPE film at $1340/ton, LLDPE film at $1340/ton and LDPE film at $1360/ton on CIF Lagos, Nigeria, subject to 5% customs duty, cash basis. According to the distributor, PPBC and LDPE film prices indicate decreases of $230/ton and $210/ton, respectively, when compared to December. Meanwhile, the distributor also received Indian PP raffia and injection offers at $1100/ton with the same terms.
Meanwhile, another trader commented that the market is likely to be suspended until next week due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. “We are not expecting any trading activities at the moment. Players mostly highlight that the new announcements will not be revealed before the second week of January.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?