West African player reports new January PP, PE prices
The distributor also highlighted that overall buying interest has weakened due to the Christmas and New Year holidays and added that players are unlikely to return to the market before the middle of next week. The distributor received Korean PPBC injection at $1300/ton, HDPE film at $1340/ton, LLDPE film at $1340/ton and LDPE film at $1360/ton on CIF Lagos, Nigeria, subject to 5% customs duty, cash basis. According to the distributor, PPBC and LDPE film prices indicate decreases of $230/ton and $210/ton, respectively, when compared to December. Meanwhile, the distributor also received Indian PP raffia and injection offers at $1100/ton with the same terms.
Meanwhile, another trader commented that the market is likely to be suspended until next week due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. “We are not expecting any trading activities at the moment. Players mostly highlight that the new announcements will not be revealed before the second week of January.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy