West African player reports new January PP, PE prices
The distributor also highlighted that overall buying interest has weakened due to the Christmas and New Year holidays and added that players are unlikely to return to the market before the middle of next week. The distributor received Korean PPBC injection at $1300/ton, HDPE film at $1340/ton, LLDPE film at $1340/ton and LDPE film at $1360/ton on CIF Lagos, Nigeria, subject to 5% customs duty, cash basis. According to the distributor, PPBC and LDPE film prices indicate decreases of $230/ton and $210/ton, respectively, when compared to December. Meanwhile, the distributor also received Indian PP raffia and injection offers at $1100/ton with the same terms.
Meanwhile, another trader commented that the market is likely to be suspended until next week due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. “We are not expecting any trading activities at the moment. Players mostly highlight that the new announcements will not be revealed before the second week of January.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports