West African player reports new January PP, PE prices
The distributor also highlighted that overall buying interest has weakened due to the Christmas and New Year holidays and added that players are unlikely to return to the market before the middle of next week. The distributor received Korean PPBC injection at $1300/ton, HDPE film at $1340/ton, LLDPE film at $1340/ton and LDPE film at $1360/ton on CIF Lagos, Nigeria, subject to 5% customs duty, cash basis. According to the distributor, PPBC and LDPE film prices indicate decreases of $230/ton and $210/ton, respectively, when compared to December. Meanwhile, the distributor also received Indian PP raffia and injection offers at $1100/ton with the same terms.
Meanwhile, another trader commented that the market is likely to be suspended until next week due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. “We are not expecting any trading activities at the moment. Players mostly highlight that the new announcements will not be revealed before the second week of January.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets