West European PS prices emerge with hefty hikes in Turkey
“We did not expect such a huge increase in styrene contracts following the modest gain in benzene settlements for March. Our prices rose by almost €200/ton given persistent supply limitations from our supplier and we may be more expensive than other origins now. We will wait to see buyers’ response and new prices from other European sources,” the trader commented.
Meanwhile, a trader of another West European producer reported that he has not received new PS offers from their supplier yet. However, he expects their supplier to reveal similar levels as the initial announcements from the region soon.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia