West European PS prices for August surface in Turkey
“Our supplier has not informed us about their stock status. They will decide as to whether or not to make further adjustments on their prices based on their availability," he opined.
Last week, the agent had voiced his sell ideas with decreases, blaming depressed activity in Turkey given political unrest, although he said, “We do not think that any drastic falls are likely considering the lower euro/USD parity.”
The announcement followed August styrene contracts that settled at €1300/ton ($1404/ton with the recent parity) on an FOB NWE basis early this week, down €25/ton ($27/ton) on the month. Prior to the styrene settlement, the new benzene contract settled at €779/ton ($841/ton) CIF ARA, down €13/ton ($14/ton). Spot styrene prices in Europe were down $35/ton week over week to be reported at around $1275/ton FOB NWE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets