West European PS prices for August surface in Turkey
“Our supplier has not informed us about their stock status. They will decide as to whether or not to make further adjustments on their prices based on their availability," he opined.
Last week, the agent had voiced his sell ideas with decreases, blaming depressed activity in Turkey given political unrest, although he said, “We do not think that any drastic falls are likely considering the lower euro/USD parity.”
The announcement followed August styrene contracts that settled at €1300/ton ($1404/ton with the recent parity) on an FOB NWE basis early this week, down €25/ton ($27/ton) on the month. Prior to the styrene settlement, the new benzene contract settled at €779/ton ($841/ton) CIF ARA, down €13/ton ($14/ton). Spot styrene prices in Europe were down $35/ton week over week to be reported at around $1275/ton FOB NWE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers