West European PS prices revealed for December in Turkey
A trader offering on behalf of a West European PS producer reported his new prices at €1310/ton ($1624/ton) for GPPS and at €1400/ton ($1736/ton) for HIPS, all on a CIF Turkey, cash basis. “We received smaller decreases than the styrene drop from our West European supplier. They may have to apply the remaining part of the drop next month although it is a bit early to make definite predictions," he said. The trader is yet to receive responses from buyers to his new levels while he is not very optimistic about market activity given the ongoing bearish trend in energy markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets