West European PS producer reveals August prices to Turkey
“Our new prices will be at €1180/ton ($1315/ton) for GPPS and €1230/ton ($1370/ton) for HIPS, CIF Turkey, cash. Our supplier blamed stable to firmer monomer settlements in Europe as the reason behind their modest hike request. Additionally, they will have limited availability for Turkey this month ahead of approaching summer holidays across Europe,” the trader said.
In Europe, butadiene and benzene contracts settled with increases for August while styrene settlements rolled over month over month.
The prevailing European PS offers stand at the top of the import market in Turkey considering the softening trend for dutiable and duty-free Asian PS prices. Initial South Korean prices emerged last week at $1230-1240/ton for GPPS and $1270-1290/ton for HIPS, CIF, cash no duty. These levels were to be negotiated amidst a general waiting stance among converters and traders coupled with weak crude oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December