West European PVC exports competitive in Turkey, India
The European PVC market has been on a softening trend for a while due to slower demand and comfortable supply levels. Nearing the end of October, decreases of around €20-40/ton are passing on PVC deals.
Players expect the bearish trend to remain in place for another month in November as spot ethylene prices also declined €25-30/ton ($28-34/ton) week over week to be currently reported at around €740-745/ton FD NWE ($840-846/ton), the lowest levels since early February, according to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets