West European PVC exports competitive in Turkey, India
The European PVC market has been on a softening trend for a while due to slower demand and comfortable supply levels. Nearing the end of October, decreases of around €20-40/ton are passing on PVC deals.
Players expect the bearish trend to remain in place for another month in November as spot ethylene prices also declined €25-30/ton ($28-34/ton) week over week to be currently reported at around €740-745/ton FD NWE ($840-846/ton), the lowest levels since early February, according to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF