Williams extends force majeure on ethylene output from Geismar
The company will reportedly continue to allocate zero volume in November and is expected to supply ethylene after mid December. The company had restarted its plant in the middle of November after a pressure safety valve (PSV) study in July. Once the company completes the study, its ethylene production capacity will increase by 600 million lbs/year to a total capacity of 1.95 billion lbs/year (885,000 tons/year).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm