Williams extends force majeure on ethylene output from Geismar
The company will reportedly continue to allocate zero volume in November and is expected to supply ethylene after mid December. The company had restarted its plant in the middle of November after a pressure safety valve (PSV) study in July. Once the company completes the study, its ethylene production capacity will increase by 600 million lbs/year to a total capacity of 1.95 billion lbs/year (885,000 tons/year).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness