World Bank lending surges to financial crisis levels in 2015
According to a statement by the World Bank, lending to emerging-market and low income economies reached $42.4 billion, up from $40.8 billion in 2014.
Meanwhile, the World Bank recently lowered its economic growth forecasts for the East Asia and Pacific region to 6.3% for 2016 and 6.2% for 2017 from 6.4% and 6.3% due to volatile financial markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months