Zhejiang begins construction of China’s first private petchem complex
The complex includes two oil refineries with a production capacity of 400,000 barrels/day each and two ethylene plants with a combined capacity of 1.4 million tons/year. Although the company did not give an exact start-up date, Reuters had reported last year that it was likely to start production by 2020.
According to the reports, this project is a part of the government’s target to attract foreign investment into the country’s energy sector and to meet the growing domestic demand for oil products.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey