Saudi Arabian petchem companies unveil Q4 financial results
Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) faced a 29.4% drop in its profit for the fourth quarter. The fall pointed to the sixth consecutive quarterly decline in the company’s profits and was attributed to lower prices for the company’s products. SABIC’s net profit was reported at SR3.08 billion ($821 million) for Q4 2015, down from SR4.36 billion in the year-earlier period.
Advanced Petrochemical Co. (APC) announced net earnings of SAR 146 million for the fourth quarter of 2015, a decrease of 27% from SAR 200 million in the year-ago period. The drop stemmed from lower PP prices. The 12-month net profits of the company were also down by 5% year-on-year from SAR 751 million to SAR 713 million.
Another Saudi Arabian petrochemical producer, namely Saudi International Petrochemical Co (Sipchem) posted a drastic fall of 80.4% percent in fourth-quarter net profit at 26 million riyals ($6.9 million). The company blamed a production shutdown at a subsidiary and lower prices for all its products for the decline, according to media reports. Sipchem had revealed 132.4 million riyals profit for the same period of 2014.
Meanwhile, an affiliate of Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC), Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Co. recorded a net loss in the fourth-quarter, according to an announcement from the company. It made a net loss of 624.14 million riyals ($166.3 million) in Q4 2015 with respect to a profit of 11.78 million riyals in the same period of 2014.
Saudi Arabia’s Yanbu National Petrochemical Company (Yansab), another affiliate of SABIC, reported a 36.4% drop in last quarter profits, blaming lower product prices as the reason driving its earnings down. The company obtained a net profit of SR393.1 million ($104.9 million), down from SR617.8 million in the same period of 2014.
Lebih banyak berita plastikHarga resin plastik (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS), tren pasar polimer, dan lainnya
- Apa yang akan terjadi pada bulan Oktober untuk pasar PE Turki?
- Botol PET gagal untuk menyembuhkan luka pandemi; tantangan meningkat saat musim gugur dimulai
- Dapatkah tren naik LDPE bertahan di Asia?
- Harga PVC Eropa tertinggal dari pasar global, tekanan ke atas meningkat
- Pasar PS, ABS mengambil jeda dari kenaikan beruntun di Cina, Asia Tenggara
- Permintaan yang tidak tenang di Eropa membuka jalan bagi banyak penawaran PP, PE di Turki
- Tren naik PE impor berlanjut di China meskipun angin bearish memuncak di pasar lokal
- Kenaikan 3 digit pada penawaran PVC Oktober memperkuat pasokan yang didorong oleh bullish di Asia
- Minyak mentah terjebak di antara kesulitan permintaan dan gangguan produksi
- Keterbatasan mendorong pasar PVC Eropa naik, harga mendekati level pra-pandemi