Spot ethylene, propylene lose ground ahead of Feb contracts in Europe
For ethylene, spot prices on an FD NWE basis dropped by around €40/ton at the end of last week after holding largely steady since the beginning of the month in spite of plunging energy costs at the time. Crude oil prices, which traded below $30/barrel last week, as well as muted buying interest in the region were cited as the main reasons behind lower ethylene prices.
Players are projecting a lower ethylene settlement for the approaching month, with their initial expectations calling for decreases from €40/ton to €80/ton with respect to January. This week, a distributor in Italy reported that he expects February ethylene contracts to settle around €70-80/ton lower.
Spot propylene prices registered a larger decrease compared to ethylene, plunging by around €65/ton as of the end of last week. The recent drop in propylene costs was attributed to weak spot naphtha prices, which were below $300/ton at the time before edging up in tandem with the recent gains in crude.
Similar to ethylene, propylene contracts are also awaited lower for February. Some players in Italy voiced their expectations of seeing reductions between €30/ton and €50/ton on the awaited propylene contracts.
Lebih banyak berita plastikHarga resin plastik (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS), tren pasar polimer, dan lainnya
- Pasar PVC Asia dikejutkan oleh penurunan besar pada harga bulan April dari produsen utama Taiwan
- Harga PE bulan Maret mencatatkan tren berbeda di Afrika, Timur Tengah
- Pasar PS Asia tertinggi dalam 4 bulan ditengah fluktuasi stirena
- Pasar PP Turki menarik material asing pada level tertinggi dalam 4 bulan
- ABS Eropa pulih dari level terendah dalam 3 tahun
- Kenaikan muncul di pasar PE Vietnam, mengabaikan etilena
- Stirena Eropa terus mencatatkan kenaikan, Asia masih perlahan menguat
- Pasar PP naik dari level terendah dalam setahun di Eropa; namun jumlah diatas kenaikan C3 mendapat penolakan
- Etilena Asia turun karena pasokan berlimpah
- Permintaan yang lesu di India menekan proyeksi PVC bulan April