Turkey’s 1H polymer imports hit a new high amid demand concerns for 2H
On a product basis, the imports of almost all polymers registered a yearly increase in the January-June period, except for PVC and LDPE film.
HDPE and LLDPE film imports climbed by around 11-12% on a year over year basis in the first six months of the year while LDPE film retreated by 5%.
Imports for homo-PP witnessed an increase of 9% in the first half while PP copolymer imports also climbed by around 6%.
For PS, overall imports including GPPS and HIPS recorded a gain of 2% on a yearly basis in the first six months of 2016.
Meanwhile, imports for PVC retreated by around 10% during the same period in line with market expectations based on the slower export business of Turkish converters over the past years.
You can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view and compare Turkey’s exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail for all polymers. (For members only)
Data also shows that the country’s overall polymer imports in the month of June increased by around 14% compared to the same month of last year to reach almost 400,000 tons. This gain is attributed to the fact that many buyers elected to secure sufficient stocks in May in order to cover their needs during the month of Ramadan. Hence, May purchases resulted in higher figures for June.
Polymer players are now speculating about the second half of the year as many of them are doubtful about the sustainability of the first half’s strong performance. These concerns are arising from an uncertainty regarding demand which is giving weak signals nowadays due to the recent depreciation of the Turkish lira against the US dollar.
Lebih banyak berita plastikHarga resin plastik (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS), tren pasar polimer, dan lainnya
- PE dan PVC impor dari AS membanjiri Eropa
- Pasar poliolefin Indonesia melanjutkan tren kenaikan
- Pasar PVC Asia dikejutkan oleh penurunan besar pada harga bulan April dari produsen utama Taiwan
- Harga PE bulan Maret mencatatkan tren berbeda di Afrika, Timur Tengah
- Pasar PS Asia tertinggi dalam 4 bulan ditengah fluktuasi stirena
- Pasar PP Turki menarik material asing pada level tertinggi dalam 4 bulan
- ABS Eropa pulih dari level terendah dalam 3 tahun
- Kenaikan muncul di pasar PE Vietnam, mengabaikan etilena
- Stirena Eropa terus mencatatkan kenaikan, Asia masih perlahan menguat
- Pasar PP naik dari level terendah dalam setahun di Eropa; namun jumlah diatas kenaikan C3 mendapat penolakan