Turkey’s 1H polymer imports hit a new high amid demand concerns for 2H
On a product basis, the imports of almost all polymers registered a yearly increase in the January-June period, except for PVC and LDPE film.
HDPE and LLDPE film imports climbed by around 11-12% on a year over year basis in the first six months of the year while LDPE film retreated by 5%.
Imports for homo-PP witnessed an increase of 9% in the first half while PP copolymer imports also climbed by around 6%.
For PS, overall imports including GPPS and HIPS recorded a gain of 2% on a yearly basis in the first six months of 2016.
Meanwhile, imports for PVC retreated by around 10% during the same period in line with market expectations based on the slower export business of Turkish converters over the past years.
You can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view and compare Turkey’s exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail for all polymers. (For members only)
Data also shows that the country’s overall polymer imports in the month of June increased by around 14% compared to the same month of last year to reach almost 400,000 tons. This gain is attributed to the fact that many buyers elected to secure sufficient stocks in May in order to cover their needs during the month of Ramadan. Hence, May purchases resulted in higher figures for June.
Polymer players are now speculating about the second half of the year as many of them are doubtful about the sustainability of the first half’s strong performance. These concerns are arising from an uncertainty regarding demand which is giving weak signals nowadays due to the recent depreciation of the Turkish lira against the US dollar.
Lebih banyak berita plastikHarga resin plastik (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS), tren pasar polimer, dan lainnya
- Harga etilena menyentuh titik terendah baru di Asia, Eropa; AS tetap stabil
- Harga ABS terendah dalam lebih dari satu tahun di Asia, Eropa
- Harga stirena turun ke titik terendah dalam beberapa bulan di Asia dan Eropa
- PET Eropa mencatatkan penurunan dua digit untuk bulan Oktober
- Penurunan PVC semakin cepat di Asia karena penurunan lebih besar dari prediksi oleh produsen utama Taiwan
- Spot propilena Asia kembali unggul atas etilena untuk pertama kali sejak 2013
- Harga LDPE, LLPDE impor hampir setara dengan etilena di China
- Para pelaku pasar Turki menyampaikan prediksi awal PP dan PE bulan November
- Pembelian yang terbatas menahan dampak dari penutupan PVC di Eropa
- Pasar PP China mengawali periode setelah liburan dengan kenaikan