US PVC loses up to 50% market share in Turkey
Import demand from Turkish buyers has been steadily falling since last year. The overall PVC imports retreated by 9% last year while the drop of the first quarter of this year was around 16% on a yearly basis. However, the decrease in PVC imports from the US was larger at around 50%, which is also affirmed by traders who sell this origin in Turkey. The cumulative imports from the US recorded in the first three months of this year also indicate the lowest levels of the past 8 years.
This large slump in market share caused the US to be dethroned from being the top import supplier of Turkey. After sitting at the top of the list for almost a decade, US dropped to 4th place and fell behind France, Mexico and Spain as the first three largest suppliers.
Players attribute this situation to a few factors. Falling end product exports of Turkish PVC converters to non-European countries is cited as the main reason. In addition, the slower economic growth of the country has already made itself felt on the overall PVC demand. The revised antidumping duties from $45/ton to 18.81% are also considered to have played a role in the larger loss of the market share of the US by some players.
Meanwhile, PVC exports from the US to the EU spiked 63% in 2015 on a yearly basis, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics.
You can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view and compare exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail. You can also run your own graphs and make yearly, quarterly and monthly comparisons for different countries in ChemOrbis Stats Wizard.
Lebih banyak berita plastikHarga resin plastik (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS), tren pasar polimer, dan lainnya
- Pasar PVC lokal di China menurun dari level tertingginya sejak 8 bulan
- Penawaran PE awal Juni ke Asia Tenggara naik terlepas dari penolakan pembeli
- Kenaikan etilena berada dibawah propilena di Eropa
- Tren kenaikan PET di China terhenti setelah harga tertinggi dalam empat setengah tahun
- PS Asia melanjutkan tren kenaikan didukung kondisi upstream
- Proyeksi PE bulan Juni dalam diskusi di Eropa
- Produsen utama Taiwan menurunkan penawaran PVC bulan Juni ke Asia terlepas dari kenaikan di China
- Pasar PP domestik bertahap naik di Vietnam dan Indonesia
- Harga etilena global terus menentang kenaikan energi
- Pasar poliolefin impor China naik karena lonjakan minyak mentah dan pasar berjangka