Texas opposes location of Exxon’s Petchem Plant
Alternative locations for the plant, which is expected to produce 1.8 million tons/year of ethylene and feed plants producing MEG and polyethylene, such as Victoria, Houston and St. James Parish in Louisiana are also being considered, the reports revealed.
Previously, the project was said to be a SABIC – ExxonMobil joint venture and Sabic had not given any details regarding the financial value of the project. Before giving a final decision, the parties were expected to conduct studies and confer with state and local officials to identify a potential site for the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian styrenics rise cautiously as sellers wager on higher costs
- Is 6-month downturn over in European PP markets?
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia
- Jan expectations take shape amid opposing factors in Asian PVC markets
- Initial Dec PE, PP offers add to bearishness in China, SEA