February PS deals settling with decreases in Europe
A distributor in the Netherlands stated that they sold West European PS with a €50/ton decrease from January. “Our supplier initially sought a €25/ton reduction, but they ultimately agreed to a €50/ton decrease after another West European producer agreed to a €50/ton price cut,” the distributor stated. A converter in Belgium reported purchasing West European PS with €50/ton reductions from last month. “Supply is steady while PS prices moved lower in line with softer costs. The outlook for March is unclear as European feedstock costs are holding mostly steady while spot styrene prices in Asia have regained some lost ground,” the buyer commented.
A distributor based in Germany said that their West European supplier agreed to an additional reduction of €30/ton after implementing a €50/ton decrease at the start of the month. “Demand is disappointing and this prompted our supplier to agree to a price reduction larger than the monomer decrease. We have no clear outlook for March yet,” the distributor stated. A distributor based in Switzerland reported concluding deals for West European PS with €50/ton decreases on the month. “We expect to see some price increases for March based on our past experience. PS demand is not bad these days,” the distributor added.
A converter based in Italy said that they purchased Pakistani and South Korean material from the import market while adding that they received offers for West, Central and Southern European PS with €30/ton declines. “Our European suppliers seem more flexible these days and we believe we could negotiate for the full €50/ton decline in the monomer contract if we were to place firm bids. However, we are covered for the next few months after sourcing some import cargoes and are not planning to make any additional purchases for now,” the buyer stated. Another Italian converter also reported receiving €30/ton decreases for various European origins while adding that they also received offers for Iranian PS on an ex-works Iran basis. “We are mulling over whether or not to purchase this month and will make our decision based on the strength of demand for our end products. HIPS supply is comfortable these days,” the buyer commented.
Thêm tin tức về nhựa miễn phíNhựa nhựa (PP, LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, PVC, GPS, HIPS, PET, ABS), xu hướng thị trường polymer, và nhiều hơn nữa ...
- Thị trường PP, PE nội địa Việt Nam tăng trở lại; giá LLDPE không theo kịp
- Giá hợp đồng ethylene Châu Âu sẽ tăng trong tháng thứ ba liên tiếp?
- Giá chào PVC tháng Năm của nhà sản xuất lớn Đài Loan tại Châu Á giảm mạnh hơn dự báo
- Người bán ABS Châu Á tự tin trở lại trong khi thị trường styrene biến động
- Giá PP, PE tại Thổ Nhĩ Kỳ tăng chậm lại
- Nhu cầu yếu ngăn giá PP tăng mạnh thêm tại Châu Âu, giá PE tốt lên
- Giá PET Châu Á tăng sau vụ nổ nhà máy Formosa
- Liệu các nhà máy đóng cửa sẽ ngăn tình trạng dư cung tại thị trường PP nội địa Trung Quốc?
- Giá ABS Châu Âu tăng mạnh do chi phí
- Giá PVC Mỹ mạnh lên tại các thị trường Địa Trung Hải